The Acoustic Image Ten2 S4 Plus Convertible Combo with Effects is the loudest combo double bass amp that Acoustic Image makes, but in designing it, they chose fidelity over efficiency so it won’t play as loudly as the typical, lower fidelity 2×10 system. To generate higher SPLs may require an extension cabinet like the Ten2 EX or augmentation by a larger house system. Every Acoustic Image design is engineered to accurately reproduce the sound of acoustic and electric instruments. Acoustic Image double bass amps combine purity, power, and portability in a package that sets a new standard in high fidelity amplification. Upton Bass offers FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING on the Ten2.
The Acoustic Image Ten2 is available in a Ten 2 S4plus Two Channel Combo (631 AA plus, $1759), Cabrio-Ready Ten2 EX for use with a Clarus amp head (640 EX-C, $859), or as a Ten2 EX S4 extension cabinet (640 EX, $759). PLEASE MAKE YOUR SELECTION IN THE CUSTOMIZATION TAB ABOVE BEFORE ADDING THE ITEM TO YOUR CART.
From the Manufacturer:
The Acoustic Image Ten2 has a superb class-D power amplifier with switch mode power supply, a compact two-way speaker system and a sophisticated, sensitive preamplifier. It also has the exclusive Cabrio Docking System that allow the head unit to be removed and used as a stand-alone amplifier. The power amp is a high efficiency, 800W design that requires no external heat sinks or cooling fans and is capable of driving loads as low as 2 ohms. AC power and output speaker jacks are located on the rear of the enclosure. A standard, three-prong detachable AC power cord is used to provide power to the unit, while an AC voltage selection switch allows the unit to operate at 115V/60 Hz or 230V/50 Hz.
The input channels of the preamp incorporate combo jack interfaces that allow either a high impedance instrument input (to optimize the sound of piezo-type pickups) or a mic input with a built in 10 dB pad, an effects loop with return level control, a selectable low cut filter for reduction of low frequency boominess, a phase reverse switch, a direct out capability with ground lift and pre/post EQ switch, a master level control and a mute switch. The preamp also has a switch that allows the second channel to be disconnected from the main amp and connected to a satellite power amp to create a stereo system.
The speaker enclosure incorporates a 2×10-inch woofer configuration (one is downfiring and the other is front firing) and a 2.5-inch tweeter that is coaxially mounted in front of the front firing woofer. The tweeter has a three position level control (0 dB, -6 dB and off). The exclusive Room Coupling Control allows the user to adjust the output of the downfiring woofer to help control boominess in certain acoustic settings. A built-in, spring-loaded tilt mechanism allows the cabinet to be tilted back to better direct sound to your listening position. The cabinet is made of an acoustically inert, high durability, injection molded polymer material which dramatically reduces the weight of the cabinet. Each unit comes with a fitted slip cover and shoulder strap.
Features – Amp head:
- Extended frequency range, high fidelity sound
- Light weight (
- Unique, slanted front chassis
- Mounts in cabinet using Cabrio Docking System
- Separate XLR and 1/4 inch inputs in each channel can be used simultaneously
- 48V phantom power and 10 dB gain select for mic input
- Input level control per channel Four band EQ per channel
- Selectable phase reverse and sweepable low cut filter per channel (phase reverse can be converted to low pass speaker emulation filter with internal jumper option)
- Effects loop per channel
- Selectable reverb and delay effects with level and rate controls and pseudo stereo output
- Direct out with selectable 10 dB pad, pre/post switch and ground lift Headphone output
- Switchable limiter
- Mute switch
- Mono or stereo output from the preamp section
- Selectable internal jumper options for gain and stereo operation
- High fidelity, low noise operation: 110 dB SNR at direct out
- Automatic voltage switching for universal AC mains operation
- 650 Watt output at 4 ohms (music power)
- Dual speaker outputs with speakon connectors
Features – Speaker Cabinet:
- Sealed two way speaker system
- Lightweight (34 lbs) structural foam cabinet
- Downfiring + forward firing poly cone 10 inch drivers + 2.5 inch tweeter with level control
- Exclusive Room Coupling Control for DF woofer
- Comes with a fitted slip cover with shoulder strap
Upton Bass String Instrument Co. specializes in building award-winning custom double basses and offers accessories for the double bass. Upton Bass also services all instruments and bows of the violin family with world class restoration and repair, to view our online restoration portfolio visit stringrepair.com
Upton Bass is ready to offer advice and answer any questions regarding double basses or related bass topics. Please contact UB at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the shop at 860-535-9399. Hours of operation Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 6pm. The Workshop (The Barn) and showroom are located in Mystic, Connecticut conveniently between Boston and NYC.