The Fishman Platinum Pro EQ Double Bass Preamp:
We’ve been looking forward to this new Fishman preamp here in the shop, and it looks as if it will not disappoint. Jack has grabbed the first one and will report back from the dark underbelly of New England nightclubs, where it hopefully won’t be stolen immediately. At first glance, the thing is gorgeous and built like a tank, with heavy duty switches leaning it towards use as a stompbox. We were very pleased to find such an excellent tuner incorporated – foot switchable! We’ll offer a complete review and video after a little more use…check back to see it!
The Fishman Platinum Pro EQ Double Bass Preamp delivers incredibly accurate, all-analog, sonic detail for your double bass. A discrete, high-headroom Class-A preamp uses precision, high-speed circuitry for the highest fidelity and low distortion. Classic Fishman tone centers with sweepable mid is combined with a switchable guitar/bass EQ mode, making it more musical for bass instruments and more universal for recording and performing musicians. The Platinum Pro EQ integrates critical performance features like adjustable volume boost and a balanced XLR D.I. output housed in a beautiful, road-ready design. The Platinum Pro EQ is built to be stomped on with durable foot switches that activate the adjustable volume boost or high-contrast chromatic tuner. It also includes a simple and effective analog soft-knee compressor, effect loop and precision sweepable notch filter.
Platinum Pro EQ Features:
- 17-Volt, high-headroom, discrete Class-A preamp
- 5-band tone control with sweep-mid & low frequency filter
- EQ mode tailors EQ for bass or most other instruments
- Phase control and precision notch filter reduces feedback
- One-knob adjustable compressor smooths playing dynamics
- Integrated fully-chromatic digital tuner
- Volume boost foot switch with level control
- Balanced XLR D.I. with pre/post EQ setting and ground lift
- Tone Shaping: 5-band EQ with Sweepable Mid, Adjustable Low-cut Filter
- Feedback Control: Sweepable Notch Filter and Phase Invert switch
- Dimensions: 6.2” x 5.6” x 2.2” (158mm x 143mm x 54mm)
- Power: 9 Volt battery (not incl.), Fishman: 910-R AC adapter (opt.)
- 1/4” instrument input
- 1/4” Amp output
- XLR Balanced D.I. output with Ground Lift switch
Upton Bass String Instrument Co. specializes in building award-winning custom double basses and offers accessories for the double bass. Upton Bass also services all instruments and bows of the violin family with world class restoration and repair, to view our online restoration portfolio visit stringrepair.com
Upton Bass is ready to offer advice and answer any questions regarding double basses or related bass topics. Please contact UB at email@example.com or call the shop at +1 (860) 535-9399. Hours of operation Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 6pm. The Workshop (The Barn) and showroom are located in Mystic, Connecticut conveniently between Boston and NYC.