The CodaBow Revelation Double Bass Bow design offers premium performance and is a striking technological tribute to fine bass bows. The evenness from tip to frog of the visibly-precise graphite architecture is as apparent to the ear and hand as it is to the eye. This innovative design gives the CodaBow Revelation stability while also providing lively response along the entire shaft.
CodaBow Revelation Double Bass Bow is available in French and German styles. PLEASE MAKE YOUR STYLE SELECTION IN THE CUSTOMIZATION TAB ABOVE BEFORE ADDING THE ITEM TO YOUR CART.
Graphite fibers, masterfully woven in a trademark pattern, extend precisely from button to tip. This naturally elegant innovation achieves the highly-sought balance between strength and flexibility. The proprietary Kevlar blend acoustic core increases power while still offering the natural sensitivity and the organic tone of premium pernambuco. Each Coda Bow comes with a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty and features an Individual Identification Number that a player uses to register their bow.
Eric’s Thoughts: I am continuously impressed with the fit and finish of the CodaBows. They are as beautiful and precise inside as they are on the outside. If a wooden bow was made with the level of workmanship that I have experienced with CodaBows, it would cost thousands of dollars. I simply have not seen this level of detail on any other bow, especially at this price!
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Target weight of 136 grams
- 66 cm stick length
- 53 cm hair length
- Sterling Silver Coda inlay on frog
- Edgy sound, premium performance, organic tone
- Kevlar blend with added dampening materials offer the natural sensitivity of pernambuco but with increased power
- Design – Premium
- Shaft Technology – Graphite Weave
- Acoustic Core – Kevlar Blend
- Tint – Natural Graphite
- Frog Design – Traditional
- Frog Maker – Walter Paulus
- Inlay – Sterling Silver
- Body – Ebony
- Slide – Natural Carbon Fiber
- Fittings – Nickel Silver
- Grip – Moroccan Leather
- Winding – Sterling Silver
- Tip Plate – Fiber-Reinforced Composite
- Hair – Silver Medal Horse Hair
- Wedges/Plugs – Traditional Hand-Cut Wood
- Identification – Individually-Numbered
- Warranty – Limited (10-year)
Upton Bass String Instrument Co. specializes in building award-winning custom double basses and offers accessories for the double bass. Upton Bass also services all instruments and bows of the violin family with world class restoration and repair, to view our online restoration portfolio visit stringrepair.com
Upton Bass is ready to offer advice and answer any questions regarding double basses or related bass topics. Please contact UB at email@example.com or call the shop at +1 (860) 535-9399. Hours of operation Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 6pm. The Workshop (The Barn) and showroom are located in Mystic, Connecticut conveniently between Boston and NYC.