A Upton Bass professional setup can include:
* High quality, heavy duty endpins with removable metal threaded rubber tips are hand-fit to each instrument .
* Top quality, seasoned Stock Upton Bass bridges are meticulously fitted, carved, and tonally adjusted for each individual bass. The top radius of each bridge is custom carved to meet the specifications of your playing style. Once a bridge meets our standards, it is then branded with our logo.
* English style grade ebony tailpieces are hung with tailpiece cable.
* Seasoned European spruce sound posts are hand selected and fit by us to ensure each bass reaches its maximum tonal capabilities. Our sound posts fit 100%. No bevel! No domes!
* Fingerboards of the highest grade ebony are dressed and polished to perfection. Depending on the style of music you play, we can put the radius best suited to that style on your bass.
* Ebony nuts are brought to exact tolerances. Other than the bridge, the nut is one of the most important (and most overlooked) aspects of your setup. Incorrect string angles can prematurely break strings and cause buzzes. Incorrect spacing can make it difficult to play and grooves that are not correct can damage the string as well as take away from your basses tone. Incorrect string heights can not only make your bass difficult to play, but may cause long term medical problems!
* Each bass is played by our staff. If something is not quite right, it is done again until it is. Simply put, the level and quality of service we offer is second to none!
As with all of the double bass products we sell, Upton Bass stands behind all of our repair & restoration work. If you have any questions, need repair, or would like to come see our shop in person just send us an email to email@example.com or call us at +1 (860) 535-9399.