The Acoustic Image DoubleShot Speaker Cabinet for Double Bass is a novel 2×10 (plus) that puts plenty of speaker power into a small package. This speaker “can” design is super portable – the size of a hat box or a crockpot. How does it sound? Stay tuned for our unpacking videos!
From Acoustic Image:
The DoubleShot is a compact (12in D x 11in W), lightweight (15 lbs.) 2×10 plus 1×5 speaker system for acoustic and electric instruments. The system is unique, with the woofers mounted in a side-firing configuration and the midrange firing forward. The result is a highly portable, yet great sounding speaker system.
The DoubleShot is an evolution of our UpShot speaker, with a second 10-inch driver and 5-inch midrange added to the design. It is, by far, the smallest and lightest 2×10 system available. Its small size belies its outstanding full range sound. The DoubleShot is also available as part of three combos — read more.
• Designed for acoustic and electric instruments including bass, guitar and keyboards
• Compact, highly portable, cylindrical shape fits in a backpack for transport
• 12 inches diameter, 11 inches wide, 15 pounds, small enough to fit in airline overhead storage bin or under seat
• Two 10-inch broad frequency range custom side-firing drivers
• One 5-inch forward firing midrange driver with level switch
• Two-way asymmetric crossover
• Omnidirectional sound fills the bandstand and venue
• Bumpers allow compact amp head to mount on cabinet
• Rated at 4 ohms, 600W
Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 16 kHz
Impedance: 4 ohms
Max Continuous Power: 600W
Max SPL: >118 db at 1 m
Drivers: 2×10 inch side-firing custom 1×5 inch forward-firing custom w/ level switch
Crossover: Two-way second order asymmetric
Enclosure: 12 inches diameter, 11 inches wide
Weight: 15 pounds
Input: Neutrik Speakon wired to pole 1
Upton Bass String Instrument Co. specializes in building award-winning custom double basses and offers accessories or the double bass. Upton Bass also services all instruments and bows of the violin family with world class restoration and repair, to view our online restoration portfolio visit stringrepair.com
Upton Bass is ready to offer advice and answer any questions regarding double basses or related bass topics. Please contact UB at email@example.com or call the shop at +1 (860) 535-9399. Hours of operation Tuesday through Saturday 10am – 6pm. The Workshop (The Barn) and showroom are located in Mystic, Connecticut conveniently between Boston and NYC.