In 1987 Irving patented a new design for classical guitar tuning machines, to eliminate gear backlash. He designed the machines to look better and work better than any others. Soon afterwards he utilized his wealth of knowledge and redesigned these patented machines for the string bass.
The central aspect of the patent is the built-in handle tensioning system. The system is a simple nut and washer assembly at the base of the handle that not only allows for variable “feel” while tuning but also for quick and inexpensive handle replacement. But there is so much more to the Irving Sloane Bass Machines:
The Irving Sloane Bass Machines feature:
- Cast Bronze with stainless steel worm gear
- Fine tooth Gearing (50:1) is precision tooled for exceptional smoothness and accuracy
- Patented construction allows easy adjustments of friction to equalize all four strings
- Available handle styles: Original Cello, Winged Italian Venetian and English Baker. These handles are easily interchangeable.
- Available with two different core materials -Brass or, starting this year …. light-weight aluminum.
- Set of Four: $560.00
- Set of Five: $695.00
Please note: Antiqued finish available at additional charge